Appetizer-sized portions and small bites of all sorts are ideal for breakfast spreads, and these Pastry Brunch Cups are perfect for a quick morning snack. Try baking a batch and separating into appropriate serving sizes for a simple way to meal prep heading into a new week.
Find more breakfast recipes at Culinary.net.
Watch this video to see how to make this recipe!
Pastry Brunch Cups
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 18 eggs
- 2 cups diced ham
- chopped fresh green onions
- Heat oven 375 F.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Whisk flour with butter. Gradually pour in milk, whisking each time. Bring to simmer, whisking until the mixture starts to thicken. Remove from heat; stir in Swiss cheese. Set aside.
- Use a rolling pin to thin out puff pastries. Cut each into nine squares. Line pastry squares in muffin cups, pressing bottoms down firmly and moving pastries up the sides for the edges to come up just over muffin tins. Fill each cup with 1 teaspoon cheese sauce. Crack one egg into each cup and sprinkle each with diced ham.
- Bake 10-15 minutes until eggs set. Sprinkle with chopped green onions.
Culinary.net, Family Features, BasinLife.com
Back to the Basinlife.com Recipies Page for more delicious Recipes!