1. David R. Kingsley Foundation 5K Walk/Run!
- What: 5K walk-run to benefit the David R. Kingsley Foundation
- When: Saturday, Aug. 10, 2019, Staggered start times beginning at 9 a.m.
- Where: Steen Sports Park, 4500 Foothills Blvd.
- Who: A partnership of the David R. Kingsley Foundation and Sky Lakes Medical Center
- Donations of at least $25 include a T-shirt for the first 100 entries
- No charge for children 10 yrs and under to participate;
- children’s T-shirts $10 each (while supplies last)
- Other: Bounce house; freebies; camaraderie, community
- Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
The David R. Kingsley (DRK) Foundation is a non-profit organization formed in 1999 in remembrance of David R. Kingsley, a WWII veteran and here from Oregon. This foundation was created to assist both members of Kingsley Field and Klamath County who have fallen on hard times due to a myriad of circumstances. Some examples of these situations include job losses, medical expenses, and natural disasters. The DRK is a 501c.3 organization and was established keeping overhead costs at a minimum, allowing the foundation to provide maximum assistance to community members with things like rent/mortgages, utilities, food, and medical expenses. The Board is made of volunteers from Kingsley Field Air National Guard Base.
2. Tulelake SHINDIG Street Fair and Bazaar
August 10, 10 am- 8 pm: Tulelake has live music, food trucks, local vendors and more!
The Tulelake Shindig Street Fair & Bazaar is a family-friendly & fun event that highlights various local cultures, crafts, and destinations, in the hope of increasing the interest of people and businesses to visit, stay and ultimately invest in the City of Tulelake.
3. Art in the Park at Collier Memorial State Park!
Saturday, August 10th 9 am to 3 pm create your art at Collier Park- Artists of all forms welcome! Located at 46000 Hwy 97 N. Chiloquin, OR 97624.
Artists of all forms re invited to be inspired in an outdoor setting to create their art. All forms of art welcome: painting, cooking, crafting, quilting, dance, and music! Art on display from 2- 3 pm; peoples choice vote at 3 pm. Register online https://colliermu.wufoo.com/forms/art-in-the-park/ or call the park with questions at 541-783-2471.
4. Brats, Brews & Blues August 12th
Saturday, August 12th 2 pm to 7 pm at the Klamath Yacht Club, 2700 Front Street
Cost: Tickets available for $20 in advance at Holliday Jewelry, 2834 S. Sixth St., the Herald and News at 2701 Foothills Blvd. and online at klamathsunriserotary.org. Tickets will be $25 at the gate.
The event is the main fundraiser by the Klamath Sunrise Rotary Club benefiting Camp Evergreen, a local youth bereavement camp for Basin youngsters who have lost a loved one in the past year. Funds from the event help send a youth to the counseling camp for one week. About 30 to 40 youths attend each year.
The featured bands for the event are Half-Light Canyon, Code Blue — both locally grown bands — and Broadway Phil and the Shouters of the Rogue Valley.
5. Fort Klamath Living History Days August 10th and 11th
Saturday, August 10th 9 am to 5 pm, and Sunday, August 11th 9 am to 3 pm at Ft. Klamath Museum, Ft. Klamath OR 54100 Hwy 62 (the Road to Crater Lake)
The Cascade Civil War Society will be hosting a living history weekend. Reenactors will be demonstrating skills and sharing history from the 1840s to the 1890s. You will get a chance to have some hands-on experience and learn about Mountain Men, Military, and Civilian life. Old-time fiddles, cavalry and the history of the Ft. itself will be shared. This event is FREE.