The Oregon Fish & Wildlife Report
…brought to you by BASIN GLASS & ALUMINUM
1317 East Main St., Klamath Falls
ODFW Recreation Report
June 26, 2019
How to check your controlled hunt draw results
You can check your draw results online (here’s how), by visiting a licensed agent, or by calling ODWF licensing at 503-947-6101. You can’t see your results in the MyODFW app, but there’s a link in the app that will take you right to the licensing system login site.
Sign up now for hunter education
School may be out for the summer, but hunter education may be one class your children will be happy to take during the break. Students (youth and adults) can take a hunter education class online, with a self-directed workbook or in a traditional classroom setting. And don’t forget to sign up early for a required field day – they fill up fast.
Best bets for weekend fishing
- Cooler weather and some rain this week could create better conditions for summer steelhead fishing on the north coast later this week and into the weekend.
- Bass fishing should be good in most of the mainstem Umpqua.
- The Rogue River above Lost Creek Reservoir is stocked with trout every week throughout the summer.
- With the onset of summer temperatures, trout anglers might turn their attention to cooler, moving waters such as Quartzville, Breitenbush, Salmon Creek, Coast Fork Willamette and North Fork Santiam rivers – all of which have been stocked recently.
- Bass fishing on the upper Willamette between Salem and Albany can be excellent.
- Fishing for redband trout has been excellent on the upper Williamson near the Rocky Ford area.
- Look for the large mayfly Hex hatch on the Sprague and Williamson rivers – the bugs start coming off about 9:15 p.m.
- Water levels in Deep Creek and the Chewaucan River are dropping – expect fishing for redband trout to start getting really good.
- Flows in the Grande Ronde and Wallowa rivers are beginning to drop and clear, a good sign that trout fishing should be getting better.
- Water temperatures are warming on the John Day, and with flows ideal for floating anglers are catching a good number of bass.