A Classic Southern Dessert
Delight the chocolate lovers in your family with this easy recipe for a Southern classic like Mississippi Mud Cake.
Find more sweet recipes at Culinary.net.
Watch the video to see how to make this recipe!
Mississippi Mud Cake
- 1 chocolate cake mix (15 1/4 ounces)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate fudge frosting
- 1 bag (16 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Grease 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on low speed, combine cake mix, water, oil, peanut butter, and eggs. Stir in chocolate pieces. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of the cake comes out clean.
- Pour marshmallows over top of the cake. Return to oven and bake 2-3 minutes, or until marshmallows are somewhat melted.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt fudge frosting in the microwave.
- Drizzle frosting over melted marshmallows.
- Sprinkle pecan pieces over frosting.
- Allow cake to cool completely before serving.